Confronting Attitude with Gratitude: Jewish Spiritual Parenting (and Grandparenting) Wisdom
Lecture and book signing with Rabbi Paul Kipnes and Michelle November MSSW. Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 7:00-8:30 pm. Rabbi Paul and Michelle share time-tested insights and parenting perspectives to nurture gratitude, not attitude, within our children (and grandchildren). During a delicious dessert following the lecture, they will sign copies of their new book, Jewish Spiritual Parenting (Jewish Lights Publishing). RSVP.
At the Or Ami Center for Jewish Parenting, we know it is tough to be the parent (or grandparent) of a Jewish kid these days. We stay up nights wondering how to raise children with good values who know how to make good decisions. Our Center for Jewish Parenting offers a range of age-appropriate Jewish answers to help parents and grandparents enlighten and reassure younger, elementary and teenage children and become even better parents.
Our programs designed for parents of children with special needs are also offered. The Center for Jewish Parenting provides a venue for parents to connect, celebrate and support each other.
Topics and presentations include:
- Raising Resilient Children in a Competitive World, with Dr.Wendy Mogel, New York Times best-selling parenting author of The Blessing of a Skinned Knee and The Blessing of a B Minus,
- When Kids Step Over the Line: 6 Ways of Responding with Rabbi Paul Kipnes
- Freedom Song: One Family’s Struggle with Addiction – One Nation’s Path to Recovery, presented by Beit Teshuva
- Body Image: Promoting Positive Self-Image and Acceptance in Adolescents, presented by Jewish Family Service Los Angeles
- Get it Right: Communication with your Kid with Drew Kugler
- How the internet is impacting your child’s development
- How to keep your child safe in a world with social media
- Sacred Choices: Leading your child to make healthy holy decisions about sex and sexuality