Our engaging Adult Learning Opportunities include:
- Adult B'nai Mitzvah with Diane Townsend
- Mishpacha Adult Learning with Rabbis Paul Kipnes and Julia Weisz
- Melton Adult Mini-School
- Monthly Torah Study: Brunch with Rabbi Paul Kipnes
- Celebrating Israel Speaker Series
- Or Ami Center for Jewish Parenting lectures
- Seasons of Living sessions with Rabbi Julia Weisz
- Morning Book Discussion Group
- Or Ami Center for Tikkun Olam (social Action) presentations
- Holy Yoga with Rabbi Paul Kipnes
- Or Ami Chorale with Cantor Doug Cotler
- Shabbat Evening Adult Study with Services
At Congregation Or Ami, we are always learning and are committed to providing you profound, exciting, meaningful, ongoing adult learning opportunities. Each learning experience should be intellectually challenging and spirituality transformative. Thus our learning, which emanates from Torah, lights our way forward. We teach Torah in its broadest sense, not just the first five books of the Bible. In all our courses, prior knowledge or study is not required. Shlichay Tzibur (teachers, literally “representatives of the community”) for Or Ami’s adult learning are Rabbi Paul Kipnes, Cantor Doug Cotler, Rabbi Julia Weisz, local scholars, Rabbinic and Education Interns from Hebrew Union College and American Jewish University, and other members of our congregation.
Many families enroll in our Mishpacha Family Alternative Learning program so as to participate in twice-monthly study with Rabbis Kipnes and Weisz, where parents learn and explore Judaism along with their children. Because of our engaging faculty, Or Ami enjoys among the highest percentage of Adult Education participants of any congregation in the West San Fernando and Conejo Valleys.
For more information about our adult learning, contact Rabbi Julia Weisz, who oversees all of our learning programs.